The consultation for the future use of the old Corryong Primary School site has concluded and this project is progressing through the next steps. This consultation has included:
- a community survey that was open from 20 October to 21 November 2021 and available both online and in a paper based version
- 5 focus groups that ran concurrently to the survey in November 2021
- a community workshop on 16 February 2022 that validated the data that emerged from the community survey and focus groups.
Below you will find reports for each of these consultation activities including an overall consultation outcomes report.
Below you will find the full survey data report and a two page conversation summary if you want to understand what the report says at a glance.
In November 2021, five focus groups were held to support community consultation about the future use of the old Corryong Primary school Site. These were ran concurrently to the survey and had a mix of age groups represented. Below is a report of the feedback from the community based on the four questions:
- What would you like to see the old Corryong Primary School site used for?
- Would you like to keep the old primary school building and what would you like to see it used for?
- Looking at the site from its prime location in town, what would be a good use of the site? This question was used to capture outside-the-box thinking.
- If you are living in Towong Shire in 10 years' time, what would you like to see the site used for to support your lifestyle/your community?
On 16 February 2022, community members were encouraged to attend a community workshop to discuss the findings that emerged from the survey and focus groups at the end of 2021. This workshop further validated exisiting findings. View the full report below:
The below consultation outcomes report brings together all three reports and consultation activities.